This website is managed by the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet. This notification of collection outlines the Department’s collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in relation to your use of this website in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988.
Collection of personal information
Clickstream data (information logged)
When visiting this site, a record of your visit is logged. This ‘clickstream data’ is collected for statistical purposes and is used to help improve this website. The following information is supplied by your browser (for example Internet Explorer) and collected by us:
- the user’s server address;
- the user’s operating system (for example Windows, MAC);
- the user’s top level domain name (for example .com, .gov);
- the date and time of the visit to the site;
- the pages accessed and the documents downloaded;
- the previous site visited; and
- the type of browser used.
When you email us personal information, or provide it to us through ‘contact us’ options provided through this site:
- we will record your email address and any other information submitted;
- we will use this information for the purpose for which you provide it; and
- your email address will not be added to a mailing list, unless provided by you specifically for that purpose.
If you fail to provide us with a minimum level of information (usually marked with an asterisk, such as an email address), we may not be able to respond to you.
Personal information is collected by us when you subscribe to any subscription service on this website. The contact information you provide will only be used for the purposes of the subscription service. If you fail to provide the personal information we request when you subscribe, we may not be able to provide the subscription service to you.
The Register is intended to provide information on individuals and commercial entities engaging in lobbying activities with Government and who these lobbyists represent in their dealings with Government. This information is made available to the public, as well as Ministers and their staff, the Australian Public Service and the Australian Defence Force (collectively referred to in the Lobbying Code of Conduct as Government representatives).
The information you provide to the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet through the Registration Form will be used for the purposes of the Lobbyist Register only and for no other purpose, except as required or authorised by law.
The following information you provide will be publicly available via the Register:
- business registration details including, where the business is not a publicly listed company, the names of owners, partners or major shareholders, as applicable;
- the names and positions of persons employed, contracted or otherwise engaged by the lobbyist to carry out lobbying activities, and whether they are a former government representative; and
- the names of clients on whose behalf the lobbyist conducts lobbying activities.
If you do not provide the information we require on the Registration Form your application may not be successful.
We will only disclose your personal information for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was given to us where we are authorised to do so pursuant to the Privacy Act.
|Telephone||(02) 6271 5849|
|Post||The Privacy Contact Officer
Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet
PO Box 6500
CANBERRA ACT 2600