- Privacy Statement
- Information Logged
- Collection of Personal Information
- links to other Sites
This Privacy Statement applies to your interactions with the Australian Government Lobbyists Register. This statement discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices which are set out in accordance with the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988.
The Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet is committed to the protection of your privacy in accordance with the Federal Privacy Commissioner's Guidelines for Federal and ACT Government World Wide Websites. These guidelines outline the requirements for transparent collection, appropriate and ethical use and secure storage of personal information. Our aim is to provide an online environment which will ensure the information you provide to us is handled in a secure, efficient and confidential manner.
When visiting this site, a record of your visit is logged. This "clickstream data" is recorded for statistical purposes only and is used to help improve this website. The following information is supplied by your browser (eg: Internet Explorer):
- the user's server address
- the user's operating system (for example Windows, MAC etc)
- the user's top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc)
- the date and time of the visit to the site
- the pages accessed and the documents downloaded
- the previous site visited, and
- the type of browser used.
This information is used for statistical purposes only. No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency (or other government agency) exercises a legal authority to inspect Internet Service Provider (ISP) logs (eg. by warrant, subpoena or notice to produce).
Cookies are pieces of information that a website can transfer to your computer when you access information on that site. Cookies can make websites easier to use by storing information about your preferences on a particular website. This information remains on your computer after you close your browser.
The Register is intended to provide information to the public, as well as Ministers and their staff, the Australian Public Service and the Australian Defence Force (Government representatives), on who is engaging in lobbying activities with Government and whom lobbyists represent in their dealings with Government.
The information you provide to the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet through the Registration Form will be used for the purposes of the Lobbyist Register only and for no other purpose, except as required or authorised by law.
The following information you provide will be publicly available via the Register:
- business registration details including, where the business is not a publicly listed company, the names of owners, partners or major shareholders, as applicable
- the names and positions of persons employed, contracted or otherwise engaged by the lobbyist to carry out lobbying activities, and
- the names of clients on whose behalf the lobbyist conducts lobbying activities.
Contact Form and Email
When you contact us:
- we will record your e-mail address
- we will only use your e-mail address for the purpose for which you provided it
- it will not be added to a mailing list, unless provided by you specifically for that purpose
- we will not use your e-mail address for any other purpose
- we will not disclose it without your consent.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this site, please contact us via the online Contact form